Monday, 2 September 2013

See Kate Sew - "Ruffled Apron" Sew-A-Long

Free pattern alert! All email subscribers to the inspirational See Kate Sew blog can get their hands on the cutest of apron patterns in PDF format (a.k.a my new fave)! Not only do you get the free pattern but you also get the chance to join in the "Ruffled Apron SEW-A-LONG". Sounds like fun right?
 
I think I'm getting the hang of this sewing lark, I'm loving it.....
 
My Ruffled Apron
 
 
I used a selection of fabrics from the IKEA range. Whilst sourcing colours, I fell head over heels for the splash of lime which later became "the ruffle"!

 
see kate sew

I wanted something girly, something that said "High Tea" yet at the same time had a subtle feel. So I went with the mix of blue's/white's with the feminine ruffle.

 
Once downloaded, I printed the pattern with instructions and got snipping/taping it together. It was a great project to sew and I was able to finish it in a few hours.
 

The skirt is so pretty, thanks to the ruffled waist you can quite literally do the whole curtsy thing (oh, yes I did)!  
 
The straps tie fully around the neck and waist, I left the waist loose so you could see my small gingham fabric. The large (front skirt) and small (straps) gingham fabrics worked a treat together, as they were slightly different in tone.
 

The front pocket is lovely and deep......."hello Mr Wooden Spoon...". The ruffles, oh the ruffles -I think I may be an addict. I'm already thinking what I can ruffle next!

 

With the waist straps you have the option to tie them together at the front which looks cute too.
 



Now.............who's for "High Tea"?

Thanks Kate for the awesome pattern. 

5 Awesome comments:

Kathyk said...

Me please! I'll take a scone and a cuppa!!

Love the touch of lime - gives it a real designer feel

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Did somebody say tea? Yes PLEASE. Your apron is darling Katie. 50's with a modern feel. Love it! How clever you are! Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Ooo... High tea ? Yes please LOL. your apron is fabulous, I love the pop of lime green, it takes the whole thing to another level. What a clever sewist you are ! I've visited the see k ate sew blog before, some great things on there, I have so any designs and projects in my head I want to try, think I'd better give up sleeping ha ha

Luv
Wynneth
X

Sue Lelli said...

FABULOUS! I especially LOVE the green ruffle and the pockets! FAB apron! I would hate to wear it and get something on it!

Louise said...

that's great :-)